Are all your providers being kept up-to-date with your medical status? Are all your concerns being addressed? Has a recent diagnosis turned your life upside down?
Together, we will figure it all out, make sure your treatment options are fully explained, and get you on track to take charge of your healthcare. My focus is on your healthcare needs.
Guidance & Support
- Help you navigate a complex healthcare system.
- Get you the healthcare benefits available to you.
- Help you plan for a healthy and independent future.
- Empower you to make well-informed decisions.
- Coordinate care to ensure you are getting the best treatment possible.
- Monitor your treatment plan compliance to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Make certain your prescriptions are filled on time and taken as prescribed.
- Ensure your clinical and billing records are accurate, resolve disputes.
Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the U.S. Having a Patient Advocate helps to reduce that risk substantially.
Medical Visits & Hospital Stays
- Help you prepare for clinical appointments and hospital stays.
- Facilitate effective doctor-patient communication, during, and in-between visits.
- Confirm your understanding of the treatment options being offered.
- Appeal treatment, tests, and procedure denials deemed medically necessary.
Transition of Care
- Coordinate and manage transition of care and caregivers’ activities.
- Prepare the home environment to ensure safety.
- Obtain medical equipment and supplies prior to returning home.
- Procure caregivers prior to returning home (interview, background checks, references).
Having to create a medically safe home can be daunting. I work to ensure my client’s transition home goes as smoothly as possible with all their needs in place prior to discharge.
Education & Training
- Share insights about best ways to create a system of empowerment.
- Provide tips and tricks about how to navigate a complex healthcare system.
- Teach you how to set and achieve reasonable healthcare goals.
- Show you how to adapt to unexpected changes more easily.